To sum up, now let's stop for a moment and consider that camDown is the solution for securing your webcam from cyber criminals and pedophiles and I know your neighbors would agree!
GLENDALE, AZ – The Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University has published the sixth release in its series of American Worldview Reports for 2021. The report is entitled “What Does It Mean When People Say They Are Christian?”
Each successive report issued over the past two years is a wake-up call for followers of Christ in America. That being the case, the sixth release ought to be a clarion call across the continent that awakens true believers out of their blissful fog of ignorance concerning the true status of Christianity in our country.
If you need to catch up, click on the links to the five previous of the 2021 American Worldview Reports summaries on Missions Box:
- 2021 CRC Worldview Survey: America Is Sinking in Syncretism
- 2021 CRC Worldview Survey Release #2: Counterfeit Christianity in America
- 2021 CRC Worldview Survey Release #3: Becoming One Nation Without God
- 2021 CRC Worldview Survey Release #4: Biblical Worldview Fading Away in America
- 2021 CRC Worldview Survey Release #5: Unbiblical Ideas Embraced by Americans
The Bad News About the Good News
The Good News is that Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God – and very God Himself – dwelt among us without sin, sacrificed Himself as our only possible Redeemer, died, was buried, rose from the dead, has ascended to Heaven, is preparing an eternal home for us, will return to take us to be with Him and share in His glory forever, free from sin and all of its effects.
The Good News is even better when we realize that He has not left us alone but indwells true believers with His Holy Spirit and has given us the written Word of God as a means of understanding His character and His directions for living righteously in His holiness.
Jesus referred to Himself as “the Truth” in John chapter 14. He also referred to His Word as “Truth” in John chapter 17.
The underlying problem with the worldview of Christians in America today is that a majority of people who self-identified or identified some other way as Christians demonstrate a stunning disregard for the Truth of the Word of God, whether written or personified in Christ.
’Christian’ has become somewhat of a generic term rather than a name that reflects a deep commitment to passionately pursuing and being like Jesus Christ.
The confliction and confusion are so great among groups typically identified as Christian were not adequate to identify any particular group as distinctly Christian in faith and practice or adhering to a biblical worldview for the purposes of the survey. A new label has been created to clearly identify those who are truly identified as belonging to the household of faith – Integrated Disciples.
“Nearly six out of 10 people who claim to be born-again do not meet the widely accepted, biblical definition of born-again.”
The Muddled Messaging of the Multitudes
The Self-identified Born-again Christian sector is fairly representative of all of the groups except the Integrated Disciples. Among their beliefs,
- 77% say that having faith matters more than which faith you pursue.
- 69% accepted feelings, experience, and the input of friends and family as their most trusted sources of moral guidance.
- 65% say there is no absolute moral truth.
- 62% contend that the Holy Spirit is not a real, living being but is merely a symbol of God’s power, presence, or purity.
- 61% say that all religious faiths are of equal value.
- 60% believe that if a person is good enough or does enough good things, they can earn their way into Heaven.
America’s worldview is so distorted that we must sound like a conversation between Alice and the Cheshire Cat.
“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?”
“That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat.
“I don’t much care where—” said Alice.
“Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” said the Cat.
“—so long as I get somewhere,” Alice added as an explanation.
“Oh, you’re sure to do that,” said the Cat, “if you only walk long enough.”
Can America Be Revived?
As long as she is still breathing, there is hope. If unbelief among so-called Christians continues to metastasize, the fate of an America based on biblical principles shall be in doubt.
Unfortunately, there are already indications that the faith of Integrated Disciples has been infected by unbelief.
- 25% say there is no absolute moral truth.
- 33% believe in karma.
- 39% contend that the Holy Spirit is not a real, living being but is merely a symbol of God’s power, presence, or purity.
- 42% believe that having faith matters more than which faith you pursue.
- 52% argue that people are basically good.
The majority of people of the United States have clearly ceased following Jesus Christ. It really does matter where we go from here.
Read more news on Christian Ministry and the Bible on Missions Box.
Were you aware that someone could be secretly watching you or your child with your webcam right now? Is it worth taking such a risk? camDown can help stop them!